As eCommerce businesses are expanding at a high rate, therefore, making themselves more accessible to customers. In this expanding state, building a custom mobile app is the perfect option. Different platforms, services, and functions make it quite challenging to find how much money is required to build a unique eCommerce mobile app. Discover 2023’s cost for unique eCommerce app development amid platform variety and functions
Why go for eCommerce App Development?
According to a recent survey, in 2023 there are more than 3.5 billion smartphone users worldwide compared to 2019. In short, building an eCommerce mobile app is not just profitable but is becoming a necessity now. It is considered one of the best ways to stay one step forward in the competition.
Want to develop your mobile app? Experts providing app or custom eCommerce website development services in India can guide you.
What is App Development?
App development is the process of developing an app to be used on more than one or more mobiles. It involves personal digital assistants, enterprise digital assistants, or mobile phones.
For every online business, mobile app development is becoming essential. Using mobile apps has changed the way of doing business. These apps have made it easy for customers to get business details faster, stay connected and updated with their favorite brands and offers.
Benefits of Mobile App Development
- Increase in Reach and Visibility: A well-optimized mobile app can help many businesses to reach a larger audience as people spend most of their time using mobile phones.
- Better Customer Experience: The mobile apps are made for a smooth user experience as compared to their experience on a website.
- More Customer Engagement: The use of eCommerce apps allows deep understanding with your customer. Notifications can help in making customers aware of new products addition or restocking of the product.
- More Security: eCommerce app is secure enough to rely on the personal details of the customer’s personal information along with ease in the payment process.
App Development Process
- Planning: Planning is the first stage after completing a full business analysis and making a high-end mobile strategy. In this process of app development, a business analyst, marketer, and project manager are majorly involved.
- Technical Check: After planning, a technical writer’s work is to describe all technical details and requirements.
- Prototyping: In this phase, the sketch, wireframes, and app skins are made. This is usually handled by a UX/UI designer.
- Developing: It includes front-end and back-end coding and is handled by developers.
- Quality Check: Next step is to check the quality. In this, tech requirements are tested and the device ability is checked to make sure that the app is working well.
- Launching: The last step is to launch the app on the App Store or Play Store for further use. Keep on checking after launching it, proper maintenance is required even after launching the app.
Front-end and Back-end Development
Front-end developers majorly focus on the looks of the app, on the other hand, back-end developers focus on the working of the app. Let’s take an example if you were building an app, the front-end developer would be taking care of the theme, style, presentation, and images.
Similarly, the back-end developer would be taking care of the database, as well as the site’s security, users, overall performance, and the integration of web3 shopping website capabilities for a seamless blockchain-powered shopping experience on the website.
Cost of Making a Mobile App
The cost of the app varies from different features and functionalities, some appropriate considerations must be kept in mind to estimate the cost of building an app.
- App Making: The cost of designing an app may range from $500 to $20,000.
- Coding: It’s not easy to work on coding. For app development languages such as Java or Swift are used. The expenditure on coding can be estimated at around $3000 to $50,000.
- Testing: To check the workings of the app, testing is important. This can range from $1,000 to $ 20,000, which depends on the time it utilizes to end the process.
The cost of app development depends on different things like the duration of the project and how complex the project is.
Types of App Development and There Cost
There are two primary types of apps you create;
- Cross- Platform
The selection of the type of application also impacts the cost of its making.
- Native eCommerce Mobile App: Native apps are for one platform or operating system. For example, if you are making an application for iOS users, you have to work with Apple Swift Programming Language.
The same works with Android users, if you are working for Android users, you have to work with Java programming language.
A single platform can cost you around $10,000; whereas, if you want an app for both users it may cost you somewhere between $20,000 – $50,000.
- Cross-platform Mobile App: Cross-platform means working with multiple devices. These platforms are not that expensive and straightforward to make. They may lack features and give low performance as compared to native ones.
It all depends on the scope of the project; the making would cost you around $ 15,000 to $ 30,000.
Making an eCommerce mobile app can be successful if you are following the right process. The cost of making an app can vary on the kind of app you want to build.