A bootable install USB is an excellent rescue tool that can be utilized to install and repair the system when a system fault happens. Therefore, more and more computer enthusiasts are interested in replacing ordinary USB drives with bootable devices. So they begin to look for methods and software on the Internet. The system is built into macOS and while it can be made as a bootable installer in most cases, many new computers are forced to abandon this utility because it is a pure tool with no graphical interface and is not easy to use. So what about Rufus for Mac Big Sur?
However, what is this macOS Big Sur? It is the world’s best and most advanced desktop OS to the next level of power. In this article, we are going to tell you everything about how Rufus is available for Mac Big Sur.
What is Rufus and does it have a Mac version?
Rufus is open-source software that comes free and helps users to create a bootable USB drive. It is small in size, but everything you need as far as the range is concerned. That’s why it became the most well-known bootable USB drive.
So is Rufus for Mac Big Sur available? How can I use Rufus on your macOS Big Sur? Lots of users support Rufus for Windows, however, people using Mac computers are out of luck. In other words, Rufus creates for Windows 7 and later operating systems and you can’t use and install it on your macOS like other software. Are you urged on running Rufus on the Mac operating system? Don’t worry! it’s not impossible. but the process is a little bit complex if you are a newbie in the technology field. Keep reading! Because here we come up with all the simple methods.
How can I get Rufus for Mac Big Sur easily & fastly?
This means you cannot use Rufus on Mac. If you want to run Rufus on a Mac, you must dual-boot Windows on the Mac or create a virtual machine. However, this is no easy task. In the meantime, you can crash your Mac. For those who don’t know, this means you need to install a Windows operating system on your Mac computer. However, if you don’t want to run two operating systems on the same machine to access Rufus, there are several ways to complete the original process of Rufus for Mac Big Sur or later versions.
As we mentioned above there are three main methods to get Rufus Mac for Big Sur on your device. Let’s take a look at what they are.
- Install Dual Boot Windows on your Mac computer
- Install Virtual Machine for Windows on your macOS
- Using Rufus alternatives
Simple steps to install Dual Boot Windows on Mac
Dual Booting is one of the best methods for installing Windows on your Mac computer. Here are the steps to create dual booting through the BootCamp utility.
- Prepare a USB drive with 16GB storage capacity, then go to Applications > Utilities and open boot camp assistant.
- Hit the Continue option, create a Windows installation disk, and download Windows 7 or later.
- Select the Windows 10 ISO image and BootCamp partition size.
- Click the install option and you will see Windows 10 setup screen.
- Now install the drivers and all other tools to your Mac Big Sur.
- Your dual booting system is ready now.
- You can install and run Rufus on macOS and start creating bootable USB drives.
Use Virtual Machine to run Windows on macOS
To run Rufus for Mac Big Sur, all you have to do is install and run Windows 1o on Mac using a Virtual machine. It is a little bit easier when compared to the BootCamp method but also complex and comes with lots of errors. Here are the simple steps on how to run a Virtual machine on Mac Big Sur 2023 download.
- Download Virtual Box on macOS and click the “New” button to get a new Virtual machine.
- Simply give a name to it and continue.
- Click the Start and specify the memory and allocate to the virtual machine.
- Hit the “Create a virtual hard disk” option and then the Create button.
- Click the “VirtualBox Disk Image” and “Continue” in the new window.
- Select “dynamically allocated” and wait until the virtual box is installed on your device.
- Now start installing the latest Windows 10 on your virtual box.
- Finish the basic settings for Windows installation and launch Windows 10 from the virtual box.
- Now you can install and run Rufus on your Mac operating system to create bootable USB drives.
The best Rufus for Mac alternatives to download Big Sur for free
As we mentioned earlier, Rufus doesn’t have a Mac version. But many alternatives can be used and run on your macOS. Don’t worry, it has similar functionality as Rufus. So, find out the best alternative for Rufus to format and create bootable USB drives on your Mac.
Etcher is a free open-source software to create bootable USB drives. It is supported by Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems. Creating a bootable USB drive with Etcher is simple. It works with both USB and SD cards and comes with an image validation feature. Also, this smart tool works with the latest Big Sur and macOS Monterey. However, it is unable to choose between MBR and GBR partition styles.
This is made for Linux-based boost drivers and is an excellent alternative for Rufus. And also you can use other operating systems such as Windows and Mac. To use UNetbootin, just download and run the software. Select the ISO file you want to use and the target drive you want to use. Click OK and UNetbootin will create your Mac bootable USB drive.
Wrapping Up the article
Rufus is the most used and best tool for creating bootable USB drives on Windows. But unfortunately, you can’t run Rufus on Linux or macOS because it is only limited to Windows OS. So you can’t use Rufus for Mac Big Sur to create bootable USB drives. But you can do this task by running Windows OS on macOS or using an alternative for Rufus Mac. So go through with your best choice.